Welcome Friends

I hope you enjoy reading these stories and thoughts. Ryan and I have recently moved to San Marcos as members of a church plant team, to reach out to the campus of Texas State University. We love spending time with family and friends, and we are enjoying the adventure this life is taking us on. We have a lot of fun ideas and enjoy our life together. These are the gems we'd like to share with you.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summertiiiiime, summertime

We heard on the local news last night that there was a heat advisory lasting through the night and all day today. While we were driving home from seeing a movie at 9:45pm, I saw a sign with the temperature reading 94 degrees. It didn't feel that hot, but I can't say that felt anywhere close to cool. The highs this week have been around 104-107ish. It's so great for Ryan that he's working in the office this and next week.


He had last Friday off, for the holiday. So on Thursday night we went down to Corpus to check on the house, and to get the mountain bikes. There are a lot of neat trails out here, and after spending 2 years on flat, sandy terrain in Corpus Christi, it will be nice to get to go mountain biking again. It's good that we checked on the house, as there was a rotten bag of potatoes on the floor. I scrubbed and bleached it, so hopefully, there won't be too bad of damage to the floor. We got to eat with the Bowmans and celebrated their baby girl's 1 year birthday. It's always good to get to spend time with the Bowmans.
Then it was off to Houston on Friday morning. We met up with the Stanley family and went to Lake Houston to go tubing (like skiing, but on a tube). The next day was the 4th, so we enjoyed it at uncle Terry's house. I am glad my parents got to come. It's been exactly a year since they've seen the Stanleys, since last year's 4th of July party. Before leaving town, my parents wanted to have lunch with us at the Red Onion. I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND THE Red Onion.














After the colorful and yummy lunch at the Red Onion, I wanted to try my hand at cooking something colorful and yummy, too. For dessert, we had little ice cream fudge pops. They are the only way to cool down sometimes. I think fudge pops should be a part of every meal during the summer. And they make and excellent night time snack too.
It's going to be a record-breaking hot summer. I think we'll be okay if we keep to mountain biking until after 6pm. And if we keep our freezer stocked with fudge pops.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that fudge pops or any other frozen goodness should be a part of every meal during summer. We should start a campaign or something!

    ReplyDelete