Welcome Friends

I hope you enjoy reading these stories and thoughts. Ryan and I have recently moved to San Marcos as members of a church plant team, to reach out to the campus of Texas State University. We love spending time with family and friends, and we are enjoying the adventure this life is taking us on. We have a lot of fun ideas and enjoy our life together. These are the gems we'd like to share with you.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

August Challenge: Day 1 & 2

We started last night, with dinner. It was beef fillet (about 6 oz), Greek salad, and boiled yucca.

Kara and David came over just as we finished eating. David and Ryan killed Zombies on the Zombie level of Call of Duty 4.2; Kara and I went to the fitness center.

I "ran" for about 11 minutes at 6.5 mph, with a little bit of brisk walking in between, so about a mile. It was tough! I haven't ran or exercised in over a month, and I am feeling it! Then I did chest presses on the machine; 3 sets of 8 at 45 lbs.

Today, Ryan and I had fresh mixed fruit for breakfast: strawberries, orange, blueberries, and grapes. I boiled some eggs, and had one as a snack. I'm about to go wash and prepare a fridge full of vegetables for salads and snacks: lettuce, carrots, celery, broccoli, cucumber.

Dinner tonight is fish fillet, asparagus, and whole grain brown rice. Dinners will usually have a type of starch, since there's not really any other starches in the meal plan.

I want to try to do one of those dance videos today. If Kara comes over to work out again, I'll do some leg presses on the machine.

Beginning stats on day 1:
- 139.6 lbs
- 11 minute jog
- clothes: very snug

No comments:

Post a Comment