Welcome Friends

I hope you enjoy reading these stories and thoughts. Ryan and I have recently moved to San Marcos as members of a church plant team, to reach out to the campus of Texas State University. We love spending time with family and friends, and we are enjoying the adventure this life is taking us on. We have a lot of fun ideas and enjoy our life together. These are the gems we'd like to share with you.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Changing the Seasons

It's been about 60 days straight with temperatures in Austin above (the majority) or near 100 degrees. I gotta say it's been a hot one!

Tomorrow will be a busy day for us. It will be Ryan's last day at his internship. We are going to load up and check out of this Extended Stay Hotel. And we'll be driving to a retreat/intensive planning time near Freeport. Then, finally, on either Sunday or Monday, we'll be heading back to Corpus Christi to re-start our lives there.

Ryan won't be starting school until Monday the 24th, so he'll have about a week to relax and play Call of Duty, among other things. And I hope to be getting real busy with a new job (details on that later, as they pan out). Then we'll spend the next two semesters trying to get the house looking good enough to get rid of, getting Ryan graduated, and getting myself a decent method of income.

I'll miss the house. Since moving off to college in 2000, I haven't stayed at one address as long as I've been at the house. Then again, we have been living away from home during these past two summers. So the longest I've actually resided there is from last August till this May, 10 months. Which is second in length to living in an apartment with Kara and Krista just 8 days shy of one full year. I guess I get around.

I've gotten used to the constant packing and unpacking, making new friends, trying to keep up with old ones, and driving around to explore the new terrain. When people ask where I'm from, I just say "all over". I've lived in West Texas, the Houston area, Bryan/College Station, Corpus Christi, Orlando (random, I know), and now Austin. By this time next year, I'll probably be living in San Marcos. With all the moving around, I am ready to settle down some day. I don't know if it will ever happen, so my heart is not too desperate.

I know that as time goes by, people come and go, including me. I love the people that have been a part of my life, and I have loved being in others' lives. That's what it's all about, the people. Not the towns or the jobs. Life is knowing and being known.

This place has become my home during this chapter of life. And now it is time to move away from here, but not from the memories and friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment