Welcome Friends

I hope you enjoy reading these stories and thoughts. Ryan and I have recently moved to San Marcos as members of a church plant team, to reach out to the campus of Texas State University. We love spending time with family and friends, and we are enjoying the adventure this life is taking us on. We have a lot of fun ideas and enjoy our life together. These are the gems we'd like to share with you.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

10 - diet results

well, i feel like i had a really successful strict fruits/vegatables cleanse diet last week. my skin is "glowing" (according to a friend), i had rediculous energy and creativity, and i lost about 5 pounds.
however, along with those 5 pounds, i also lost most of my beneficial bacteria throughout my digetstive tract due to the first day's milk of magnesia flush. i fail to take any probiotics which would replace my needed internal flora, and became suceptable to harmful bacteria infections.
i had even thought "i hope i don't get any kind of infection because i didn't take those probiotics", even though i had a bottle of them in my own pantry.
on monday, i wanted to eat an avacado which i had already cut in half a few days beforehand. for some reason, i thought it was a good idea to let it sit out on the counter, so it could ripen up. later on that night, i was feeling kind of sick. nauseated, crampy, bad tummy ache. and pretty much all day yesterday was spent sleeping on the couch until about 2, then moping around the rest of the day. i had not eaten anything until ryan came home and made me some soup. i still couldn't eat the noodles or chicken bits, but enjoyed the broth and veggies. he also brought home some 7up, which has been an all time remedy for stomach infections at the crozier house.
altogether, the soup and soda helped a lot last night, and still today. i feel better today, but still have the pain in my insides and muscles with some nausea. other suggestions have been offered to help me in my situation. i appreciate any comments/tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment